Filing Annual Returns and Financial Statements - FAQ
September is the month panic can set in as Companies suddenly focus on their filing deadlines for their Annual Return and Financial Statements. Confusion can surround terminology, deadlines, and signatures required.
Below are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions (FAQs) KomSec Limited receives from our clients at this time of year.
* Annual Return Date (ARD) date up to which information contained in the Annual Return is made, e.g. up to 30th September.
* 28 days after ARD the Annual Return must be filed electronically within 28 days from ARD.
* 28 days after electronic filing the original signed signature pages must be received by the Companies Registration Office (CRO) within 28 days from the
date on which the Annual Return was filed electronically.
* First Annual Return does not have to file Financial Statements.
* Financial Year – A company’s first financial years end can end no more that 18 months after its incorporation date. Subsequent financial years must start
the day after the last financial year end and be for 12 months, + or – 7 days.
* Nine month rule means that companies must file their FS within a maximum of 9 months and 28 days of the end of their financial year, known as the 9
* Financial Statements must be filed electronically before or on day original signed signature pages are received by the CRO.
* Financial Statements size is restricted by the CRO to a maximum of 5mbs.
* Signatures for Annual Return are one Director and the Company Secretary.
* Signatures for Financial Statements must be typed.
- All Categories
- Company Law
- Latest News
- Annual Returns
- Anti-Corruption Legislation
- Beneficial Ownership (1)
- March 2020 (2)
- February 2020 (3)
- October 2019 (1)
- August 2019 (1)
- June 2019 (1)
- April 2019 (1)
- March 2019 (1)
- February 2019 (1)
- January 2019 (1)
- November 2018 (3)
- October 2018 (1)
- September 2018 (2)
- August 2018 (1)
- July 2018 (1)
- May 2018 (2)
- View older Posts (48)