Branch Registration & Cessation
Companies incorporated outside the Republic of Ireland wishing to set up a place of business or trade in Ireland have an option to register a Branch.
General requirements for a Branch include:
- Registering a Branch within one month from establishing a place of business or commencing trade in the Republic of Ireland
- Appointing an Authorised Person, who must be resident in the State, to act on behalf of the Company registering the Branch
- Filing changes in Directors or Company Secretary of Company which registered the Branch
- Filing Accounts (same as those filed in the country of origin, translated in either Irish or English)
- Registering closure of a Branch once it ceases to have a place of business or trade.
On 01.10.2009 Branches were replaced by the term “UK Establishment”. Registration of a UK Establishment is required when there is some physical presence in the UK through which it carries on business.
General requirements for a UK Establishment include:
- Registering UK Establishment within one month of the overseas company opening an establishment in the UK to include the appointment of a Permanent Representative, provision of constitutional documents, and accounts.
- Filing Accounts (same as those filed in the country of origin translated into English)
- Registering closure of UK Establishment.
SERVICES WE PROVIDE
- Advice on compliance with company law
- Annual Return & Financial Statements
- Branch Registration & Cessation
- Business name Registration
- Company name change
- Company Register - Review Maintenance & Reconstruction
- Corporate Governance
- Meetings of Director & Members
- Minutes and Board Packs
- Share allotments & transfers
- Statutory Forms
- Restoration of Company
- Voluntary Strike-off